MARANA — Just after midnight on May 7, firefighters from Northwest Fire were dispatched to reported smoke alarm activation at the Monkey Business Restaurant located at 8500 block of N. Silverbell Road.
Upon arrival, crews found moderate smoke within the building and called for the balance of a first-alarm to assist in locating and extinguishing the fire within.
A search in the thick smoke using Thermal Imaging Camera’s (TIC”s) found a small box of kitchen rags that were smoldering. Crews were able to remove the container and then worked for 30 minutes to clear the building of the smoke.
The alarm system is credited with alerting the fire district to the smoldering rags before they began free-burning with open flames.
The smoke damage is minimal and the business will re-open this morning following normal business hours.
Northwest Fire reminds all to ensure at least one working smoke detector is present in a home at all times.For the complete article see the 05-09-2012 issue.
Click here to purchase an electronic version of the 05-09-2012 paper.
Share on Facebook